Capreolus Club is taking privacy and data protection very seriously and follows strict rules called ‘data protection principles’ as indicated in The Data Protection Act 2018 to make sure that information we collect is:
- used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
What data do we collect?
In order to process your requests and orders and provide you with our services and products it is necessary to collect personal data.
Information you provide us with:
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Debit/Credit card information
- Age (used for identification process only)
- Firearm Certificate details
- Stalking experience (for training courses)
You will also be asked to provide additional (non-mandatory) information, that helps us understand our clients and customers.
- Survey responses
- Social media account details
Information we collect automatically
- User behaviour on the website (general, without collecting and other data)
How do we collect this data?
You directly provide our company with most of the data via:
- The enquiry forms on our websites, requesting more information about or services
- Membership forms on our website
- Purchases of our services or products online
- Phone calls
- Voluntary completed customer feedback forms and surveys
- Signing up for a newsletter and our company updates
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
Personal data will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or registration in accordance with preferences you express and with your consent.
How will we use your data?
Our company collects personal data so that we can:
- Process your orders for our products and services
- Produce internal statistical analysis and understand your preferences for services and products
- Produce internal statistical analysis so that we understand your online behaviour on our website, in order to customize and improve your user experience
- Contact you about special offers on products and services that we think you might be interested in
- Contact you about the upcoming events
When our company processes your order it may send your data to and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store and protect your data?
Our company securely stores your data in accordance with the security provisions of the UK Data Protection legislation. Even though it is an unlikely situation, we will seek the consent of an individual in case we decide that we need to hold data for any other reason other than it’s original purpose.
We use number of IT service providers inside and outside the European union
We will only retain your data for as long as we need it to fulfil our purposes, including any relating to legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We may store your data manually or electronically. Any data stored electronically will be stored in secure servers, and any data stored manually will be stored in our premises within the UK.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our websites and any transmission is at your own risk.
Our company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might be interested in.
You can subscribe to receive marketing emails.
If you have agreed to receive marketing emails, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at anytime to stop our company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here. (live link on the web)
On the legitimate interest basis you will also receive a very occasional marketing brochure or flyer via post as part of your membership pack, certificate or any other item sent from us to you via post.
What are your data protection rights?
GDPR offers you a greater rights over, and control of your personal data.
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses ‘session’ and ‘first party’ cookies in order to anonymously track user journey and personalise user experience on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us